The last post.



Image result for thank you


31st May 2019, my last day.
This whole experience has been amazing and has gone by so quickly. I have been here for 8 months and they have definitely been some of the best months of my life (sounds dramatic but it is true).
I am not good at speeches/ public speaking (which has been demonstrated) and I figured, I am slightly better at writing so here we go.
In October, I was excited but nervous to start at INS Camarles but I quickly got accustomed to the different environment and differences in general.
October to December went by very quickly and my weeks were filled with different ESO classes (I hope you enjoyed the activities. I also visited local areas such as Tarragona, Cambrils and Tortosa whilst I also fell in love with L'Ampolla.
At Christmas, I stayed here instead of returning back to the UK. This was definitely the best Christmas. At first, I thought I would spend Christmas alone - which I was fine with as food and Gilmore Girls DVD is a great combination for me. However, I spent Christmas with different friends and I will forever be grateful for this - I tried artichoke for the first time, I drunk tea at Christmas (I love tea!) and visited Reus, which was amazing.
I started the New Year, watching fireworks from my balcony and finally, I tried the lucky grapes (I managed 11). My parents came to visit me and we watched the Kings Procession in Barcelona - this is a completely different thing for me but again, I loved it.
Afterward, I started my weekend trips. The first trip was to Sevilla and I am so happy went. I met different people and visited most of the tourist attractions. My next trip was to Malaga and again I fell in love with another different place. When I was younger, I always wanted to go to Ibiza, so I was very excited for my third trip as I managed to travel to Ibiza and see most of the island. My last trip was to Mallorca and apart from a disappointing trip to Magaluf, Mallorca was beautiful.
Other trips included going to Lleida, Girona and other smaller trips to the beaches of L'Ampolla.
More recently, I spent my 21st birthday in Barcelona which amazing - especially due to the hot weather and other trips to Barcelona, consisted of meeting friends.
So to stop me from waffling - I'll get to the main point, which is a big, huge, enormous THANK YOU.
Thank you for watching my google presentations (and doing the worksheets).
Thank you for saying things such as "Chicken Table" instead of "Kitchen Table" and the "Easter Monkey".
Thank you for tolerating my Spanish and whatever I said Catalan - especially those who corrected me.
Thank you for even making me question my own English by constantly repeating words such as 'equipment', 'comfortable' and 'nervous'. And for repeating "Oh my gosh".
Thank you for waving at me and shouting "Hola Megan" (at the school or in L'Ampolla - it always made my day).
Thank you for tolerating me (staff and students)- when I didn't understand something when I was awkward (most of the time) etc.
Thank you for the cards and the gifts - I never expected them and they were a lovely surprise.
But most of all, thank you for making this such a wonderful experience that I will certainly never forget.
I have learned so much, experienced so much and loved every moment of it - even when people threw paper balls. As I said, I do a little better with writing than speaking.

What happens next?
After my trip to Portugal, I will start my last year of university and hopefully, this time next year, I will be preparing for my graduation.
I will definitely return to the area so expect to see me, probably in L'Ampolla in the future and I will always continue to travel.

So that is it. My time as a language assistant has finished and I will be a student again. I hope you all have a great summer and maybe see you around.

From Megan :)

For all those that asked my Instagram is @megxn_wxlker. Feel free to follow - it is just travelling, food, and nails (it is my Instagram after all).
Para todos los que preguntaron mi Instagram es @megxn_wxlker. Es sólo viajar, comida, y las uñas (es mi Instagram después de todo).

And for one last time, the translation:

31 de mayo de 2019, mi último día.
Toda esta experiencia ha sido increíble y ha pasado muy rápido. He estado aquí por 8 meses y definitivamente han sido algunos de los mejores meses de mi vida (suena dramático pero es verdad).
No soy bueno para hablar / hablar en público (lo que se ha demostrado) y pensé que soy un poco mejor escribiendo, así que aquí vamos.
En octubre, estaba emocionado pero nervioso de comenzar en INS Camarles, pero rápidamente me acostumbré a las diferencias en general.
De octubre a diciembre pasé muy rápido y mis semanas se llenaron de diferentes clases de ESO (espero que hayan disfrutado las actividades. También, visité áreas locales como Tarragona, Cambrils y Tortosa mientras me enamoré de L'Ampolla.
En Navidad, me quedé aquí en lugar de regresar al Reino Unido. Esta fue definitivamente la mejor Navidad. Al principio, pensé que pasaría la Navidad solo, con lo que estaba bien como comida y el DVD de Gilmore Girls es una gran combinación para mí. Sin embargo, pasé la Navidad con diferentes amigos y siempre estaré agradecido por esto: probé la alcachofa por primera vez, bebí té en Navidad (¡me encanta el té!) y visité Reus, que fue increíble.
Comencé el año nuevo, mirando fuegos artificiales desde mi balcón y, finalmente, probé las uvas afortunadas (logré 11). Mis padres vinieron a visitarme y vimos la Procesión de los Reyes en Barcelona. Esto es algo completamente diferente para mí, pero una vez más, me encantó.
Después, comencé mis viajes de fin de semana. El primer viaje fue a Sevilla y estoy muy contento. Conocí a diferentes personas y visité la mayoría de las atracciones turísticas. Mi siguiente viaje fue a Málaga y otra vez me enamoré de otro lugar diferente. Cuando era más joven, siempre quise ir a Ibiza, así que estaba muy emocionado por mi tercer viaje, ya que pude viajar a Ibiza y ver la mayor parte de la isla. Mi último viaje fue a Mallorca y, aparte de un viaje decepcionante a Magaluf, Mallorca fue hermoso.
Otros viajes incluían ir a Lleida, Girona y otros viajes más pequeños a las playas de L'Ampolla.
Más recientemente, pasé mi cumpleaños número 21 en Barcelona, lo que fue increíble, especialmente debido al clima caluroso y otros viajes a Barcelona, que consistió en reunirme con amigos.
Así que, para llegar al punto principal, que es un gran, enorme y enorme GRACIAS.

Gracias por ver mis presentaciones de google (y hacer las hojas de trabajo).

Gracias por decir cosas como "Mesa de pollo" en lugar de "Mesa de cocina" y "Mono de Pascua".

Gracias por tolerar mi castellan y todo lo que dije catalán, especialmente los que me corrigieron.

Gracias por hacerme cuestionar mi propio inglés repitiendo constantemente palabras como "equipo", "cómodo" y "nervioso". Y para repetir "Oh, Dios mío".

Gracias por saludarme y gritar "Hola Megan" (en la escuela o en L'Ampolla, siempre fue mi día).

Gracias por tolerarme (al professores y a los alumnos), cuando no entendí algo o  cuando era incómodo (la mayor parte del tiempo), etc.

Gracias por las tarjetas y los regalos, nunca los esperé y para mi, fueron una gran sorpresa.

Pero sobre todo, gracias por hacer de esta una experiencia tan maravillosa que nunca olvidaré.


Aprendí mucho, experimenté mucho y me encantó cada momento, incluso cuando las personas lanzaban bolas de papel. Como dije, me va un poco mejor escribiendo que hablando.
¿Qué pasa después?

Después de mi viaje a Portugal, comenzaré mi último año de universidad y, con suerte, este año, me estaré preparando para mi graduación.
Definitivamente regresaré al área, así que espere verme, probablemente en L'Ampolla en el futuro y siempre seguiré viajando.

Así que eso es todo. Mi tiempo como asistente de idiomas ha terminado y volveré a ser un estudiante. Espero que todos tengan un gran verano y tal vez nos veamos.

Megan :)
Image result for thank you


Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

English 101

Describing people.